Manila International Book Fair 2024 - My Experience

Welcome to my blog! Today, I’m going to share my experience at the recently concluded Manila International Book Fair 2024, held at SMX Manila. I attended on Days 1, 2, and 4.


Day 1 was Wednesday. I planned to go during the weekdays because, based on previous experiences, the crowd is lighter, making it easier to move around the venue. MIBF 2024 was spread across two floors: the first floor featured books, while the second floor focused on children’s books and the comics section. Unfortunately, I didn’t explore the first floor as I was primarily interested in the comics section. I arrived around 1 PM and had the opportunity to interview Ezjae Zemana, a comics creator also known as "Panitikanerd." I also caught up with friends who were present at the event. Among the exhibitors, I saw Komikon, Komiket, Avenida, Kawangis Publishing, Comic Odyssey, Sinegang, Manix, and more.





On Day 2, I interviewed Sampay, and we discussed his creative process and upcoming projects. I also consigned Sikami and my art prints at the Libreriangelo booth, located in the Kawangis Publishing area. I managed to attend a few talks as well. Before I went home I was able to interview Sampay and talked about his new projects and his creative komiks process. 





On Day 4, my wife and I returned to pick up our parents, who wanted to explore the event and buy books. The crowd was intense that day, so we decided to have an early dinner at Conrad Hotel’s Hard Rock Cafe, which is just behind SMX. Afterward, we strolled inside the Mall of Asia before heading home.


Overall, MIBF 2024 was a fantastic event. I was thrilled to see so many Pinoy Komiks showcased. I’m definitely looking forward to attending future events like this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Team KOMIKERO at Family Feud PH