I decided to revisit my Blogger account to post comics stuff so that it will forever be here on Blogger.
ELMER Comics by Gerry Alanguilan
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
-
March 1, 2011 pumunta ako sa Komiks Trip sa Los Banos Laguna sa loob ng UP LB. Dito ako nakabili ng libro ni Sir Gerry na Elmer. Maraming salamat sa lahat ng nagawa nyo para sa Pinoy Komiks Sir Gerry. RIP
Super Manila was held from December 15 to 17, 2023 at Ayala Malls Circuit Makati in the Philippines. On the first day, I went straight to the roof deck to check on the setup of the tables. There, I saw Sir Sandy and Ma’am Rowena with Lyndon Gregorio of Beerkada comics and Kapitan Tambay. After chatting with them, Sab and I went to the Samsung Hall to watch the Manila Philharmonic Orchestra. On Day 3 of Super Manila 2023, I arrived around 6 PM. I wanted to get some Alex Sinclair comics signed, but he was not there as he was at the comics workshop. However, I was still able to get one book signed later that night. I went around and met with my comics friends, took some pictures, and a few videos. It was a fun day, and I got to see a lot of komiks fans, which is a rarity at current convention events. I felt like it was the first time I went to Komikon at UP Bahay Alumni way back in 2006, where all the people were at the event because of komiks! Some highlights of th...
I’m thrilled to share a new project I had the honor of illustrating — Brothers From Canada: Role Models in Canadian Black History by Jeff Martin. This book highlights inspiring Black figures who played an important role in shaping Canada’s history and identity. As an illustrator, it was a meaningful experience to bring these stories to life visually and contribute to a work that celebrates diversity, resilience, and leadership. The book is now available . if you’d like to grab a copy and learn more about the individuals who helped shape Canada into what it is today.
Welcome to my blog! Today, I’m going to share my experience at the recently concluded Manila International Book Fair 2024, held at SMX Manila. I attended on Days 1, 2, and 4. Day 1 was Wednesday. I planned to go during the weekdays because, based on previous experiences, the crowd is lighter, making it easier to move around the venue . MIBF 2024 was spread across two floors: the first floor featured books, while the second floor focused on children’s books and the comics section. Unfortunately, I didn’t explore the first floor as I was primarily interested in the comics section. I arrived around 1 PM and had the opportunity to interview Ezjae Zemana, a comics creator also known as "Panitikanerd." I also caught up with friends who were present at the event. Among the exhibitors, I saw Komikon, Komiket, Avenida, Kawangis Publishing, Comic Odyssey, Sinegang, Manix, and more. On Day 2, I interviewed Sampay, and we discussed his creative process and upcoming projects. I also con...
Comments
Post a Comment