I decided to revisit my Blogger account to post comics stuff so that it will forever be here on Blogger.
Yehey Komiks blg. 1 (1999)
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
-
Bukod sa Bata Bata at Funny Komiks may Lumabas ding Yehey Comics. Mga taga Bata-batuta rin ata ang gumawa nito kasi same ang editorial team at contributors. #Komiks #yehey
Super Manila was held from December 15 to 17, 2023 at Ayala Malls Circuit Makati in the Philippines. On the first day, I went straight to the roof deck to check on the setup of the tables. There, I saw Sir Sandy and Ma’am Rowena with Lyndon Gregorio of Beerkada comics and Kapitan Tambay. After chatting with them, Sab and I went to the Samsung Hall to watch the Manila Philharmonic Orchestra. On Day 3 of Super Manila 2023, I arrived around 6 PM. I wanted to get some Alex Sinclair comics signed, but he was not there as he was at the comics workshop. However, I was still able to get one book signed later that night. I went around and met with my comics friends, took some pictures, and a few videos. It was a fun day, and I got to see a lot of komiks fans, which is a rarity at current convention events. I felt like it was the first time I went to Komikon at UP Bahay Alumni way back in 2006, where all the people were at the event because of komiks! Some highlights of th...
My college teacher recently sent me this old drawing of mine from 2003. I was delighted to see it, though I can't recall creating it since I made so many drawings at that time. I like how I experimented with posing the character in a dynamic way—something I lost or became too afraid to try again after learning proper anatomy and body structure. It's also interesting to see that I noted the date, time, and place where I drew the piece, something I remember doing often. Sometimes, I would write it on the back of the paper. You can see more or my work at my website .
As a member of SKP, Samahang Kartunista ng Pilipinas , I was invited to create a mascot concept for the organization. The idea was rooted in how members often call each other ka-lapis, a term that reflects both camaraderie and our shared craft. Since the SKP logo already features a pencil motif, it felt natural to build the mascot around a pencil-inspired design. This concept aims to represent creativity, unity, and the identity of Filipino cartoonists.
Comments
Post a Comment