I decided to revisit my Blogger account to post comics stuff so that it will forever be here on Blogger.
"Tala" Resibor Art - Mel Casipit Drawn using Micron pen
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
-
I create resibo arts when I have coffee out. It feels wrong not to do anything while having a coffee. I always bring with me a pen and a camera. The phone camera is mostly used though.
Super Manila was held from December 15 to 17, 2023 at Ayala Malls Circuit Makati in the Philippines. On the first day, I went straight to the roof deck to check on the setup of the tables. There, I saw Sir Sandy and Ma’am Rowena with Lyndon Gregorio of Beerkada comics and Kapitan Tambay. After chatting with them, Sab and I went to the Samsung Hall to watch the Manila Philharmonic Orchestra. On Day 3 of Super Manila 2023, I arrived around 6 PM. I wanted to get some Alex Sinclair comics signed, but he was not there as he was at the comics workshop. However, I was still able to get one book signed later that night. I went around and met with my comics friends, took some pictures, and a few videos. It was a fun day, and I got to see a lot of komiks fans, which is a rarity at current convention events. I felt like it was the first time I went to Komikon at UP Bahay Alumni way back in 2006, where all the people were at the event because of komiks! Some highlights of th...
As a member of SKP, Samahang Kartunista ng Pilipinas , I was invited to create a mascot concept for the organization. The idea was rooted in how members often call each other ka-lapis, a term that reflects both camaraderie and our shared craft. Since the SKP logo already features a pencil motif, it felt natural to build the mascot around a pencil-inspired design. This concept aims to represent creativity, unity, and the identity of Filipino cartoonists.
I’m thrilled to share a new project I had the honor of illustrating — Brothers From Canada: Role Models in Canadian Black History by Jeff Martin. This book highlights inspiring Black figures who played an important role in shaping Canada’s history and identity. As an illustrator, it was a meaningful experience to bring these stories to life visually and contribute to a work that celebrates diversity, resilience, and leadership. The book is now available . if you’d like to grab a copy and learn more about the individuals who helped shape Canada into what it is today.
Comments
Post a Comment